Roadmap to a successful IoT Journey
Internet of Things (IoT) solutions are widely developed in different sectors. Their intent is to change the way enterprises do business, but also to respond to emerging challenges such as resource optimisation and sustainability.
As an IoT project developer… how will you approach IoT solution development at your company?
Libelium, partnering with IoT-Analytics, has prepared a new whitepaper as a guide for IoT project developers. The paper guides the IoT project developer through the solution development process. It highlights the importance of a strategic process and of continuous support in the development of the solution.
That is important because IoT project development does not come without technical and management complications. Those hurdles are discussed in the whitepaper, but a positive approach to those is also proposed.
Reasons to read Keys for a successful IoT Journey: The success factors for IoT based projects – Whitepaper
Based on the research of past and ongoing IoT projects:
The entire paper is based on extensive research run by IoT Analytics on the matter. That research includes executive discussions, customer interviews, an industry survey, internal sample data and desktop research of ongoing and completed IoT projects.
Based on experiences from real IoT projects at Libelium:
The white paper also explores IoT project development through the experience of Libelium, as a leading provider of IoT technology. Since its establishment in 2006, Libelium has been a protagonist of the European IoT market. Its 15 years of experience gives the opportunity to look at the various hurdles of the IoT project development, but also at how to solve the issues and develop successful projects.
Among the most interesting whitepaper’s contents, there are highlights about the lifecycle of an IoT project such as:
- The 5 layers of an IoT solution
- The 7 phases for IoT Project Development
- Technological challenges versus management challenges
- The success factors for IoT implementation
On the practical side, Libelium offers its experience managing IoT projects facing several challenges about:
- The lack of technology assessment and testing issues
- The absence of a solution maintenance strategy
- The lack of internal knowledge
- The high expectations difficult to fulfill
- Financial assessment
Lessons learned from our IoT experience to succeed
This whitepaper has explored the hurdles of IoT project development, proposing approaches and ways of overcoming them and transforming a problematic project into a successful IoT implementation. Developing end-to-end IoT Solutions involves multiple layers that fuse together components. There are five major IoT layers, including one cross-layer: device/edge, connectivity, middleware/platforms, applications, and security.
Mapping challenges to IoT development phases
Each component demands a particular array of competencies and proficiency to function within its realm, not to mention the varied skill set required in bringing the end-to-end IoT solution seamlessly together across all these components. Given this complexity, any IoT journey requires a structured approach that goes from ideation to solution development and maintenance.
At a glance, here is all the content you can find with the free download of this whitepaper. If you are developing IoT projects and you need a guide to make a project a success, this is the report for you.
Key lessons about IoT Projects’ Lifecycle Index
- The IoT Journey: Approach, Challenges and Success Factors
- A Phase Approach
- The success factors
- The IoT project experience of Libelium
- Libelium’s history and evolution
- Libelium’s challenges in IoT project development
- The Libelium way of developing successful IoT projects
- Libelium stories of IoT project development
- The Importance of IoT Customer Support
In this webinar, IoT Analytics’ expert analysts (Knud Lasse Lueth, Saverio Romeo) give an overview on the state of the IoT and share the latest market trends. Libelium’s CEO Alicia Asín shares her view from 15 years of real-world IoT project management experience and explains how users were able to create value with their IoT initiatives.
Do not miss the webinar joined to this whitepaper titled “Best practices for a successful IoT journey – Market trends and learnings from real IoT projects”.
Only a few days left to deepen and explore the hurdles of IoT projects journey!
1. The State of the IoT: market overview and latest trends
2. The 7 IoT solution development phases – a framework
3. Feedback from IoT adopters: Challenges & success factors
4. Real-world deployment use cases and lessons learned
Why you should attend?
3. IT Managers
4. Professionals from private and public sectors, involved in leading and planning IoT technology-based projects